Copyright 2023. Hagan Realty Incorporated. All rights reserved
Leasing for 2024-25 started: Friday, September 29th @ 9am
Please read the information below carefully as our process has changed:
**Only 1 person ("Group Representative") per group will be permitted on the 1st day of leasing**
- Do not camp out. There is no advantage gained for being first to arrive.
- Parking at our office will not be allowed. You may park on Kedzie, Durand or other side streets, however, spots are limited. You may want to get dropped off or walk.
- No properties will be rented until: TBD. It is recommended you arrive no more than 15 minutes early.
- Properties will be announced one at a time starting with the first available property on the Available Housing list
- Drawings will be done for properties with multiple groups interested (if your group is the only group interested there will be no drawing).
- Drawings will take place outside, rain or shine, please dress accordingly.
- Each group representative may enter multiple drawings, however, if you win a drawing you will not be allowed to enter another drawing.
- Duplexes will be offered to groups renting both sides first, then to groups wanting one side.
- There is no application fee or parental co-signer required.
Details specific to the lease signing:
- Lease signing will be done electronically. An email with the lease packet will be sent to prospective tenants.
- All prospective tenants must fully execute the document and return it to Hagan Realty within 24 hours of receipt.
- Prospective tenants will also need to email a copy of driver's license/ID as well. Sending a picture of all ID's at once is preferred.
- An amount equal to 1 month's rent or $1500, which ever is greater, must also be paid within 24 hours of receipt.
- Once we receive all required signatures and payment, we will email a completed copy to all parties.
While we are taking steps to limit the number of people at our 1st day of leasing, it is still a busy day. We ask that everyone be respectful of the rules laid out and also be patient as we are all doing our best under unique and difficult circumstances. Extra staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Reviewing our lease, procedures, as well as the other information we have on our website will help reduce some of the stress associated with the leasing process. You may also call us at (517)351-0765 or email us at email@example.com prior to the 1st day.
As always, we make every attempt to ensure the process is as fair as possible. However, we cannot guarantee you will get the place you want. By having several options you can increase your chances of getting one of your choices. We rent several properties the first day, but there will be many great places to choose from in the days and weeks that follow.
Once our 1st day of leasing is complete, properties will become available on a first come, first serve basis.
Hagan Realty, Inc.
First Day of Leasing for 2024-25
Thank you for choosing Hagan Realty, Inc.
Below you will find the rules for our 1st day of leasing. We realize this can be a stressful time, so in an effort to reduce the stress, we've provided, what we think, is the most straightforward, and fair, process for leasing in East Lansing.
Please take the time to review the information below. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Between now and the 1st day of leasing, we recommend you discuss rent, locations, lease terms, etc. with your potential roommates. The more prepared you are the better. Our home page has link to our lease, utility info, moving info, and more.
Once the 1st day of leasing is over, the available housing list will be updated regularly, and leasing will be on a 1st come, 1st serve basis.
Our 1st day of leasing takes place outside (rain or shine), please plan accordingly.
927 E. Grand River Ave. Suite 11
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Specializing in Property Management & Development since 1969