Copyright 2020. Hagan Realty Incorporated. All rights reserved
Leasing for 2021-22 will begin: Friday, October 2nd @ 3pm
Please read the information below carefully as our process has changed:
**Only 1 person ("Group Representative") per group will be permitted on the 1st day of leasing**
- Masks are required on the 1st day of leasing at all times
- Do not camp out. There is no advantage gained for being first to arrive.
- Parking at our office will not be allowed. You may park on Kedzie, Durand or other side streets, however, spots are limited. You may want to get dropped off or walk.
- No properties will be rented until: Friday, October 2nd at 3pm. Do not arrive more than 10 minutes early.
- Properties will be announced one at a time starting with the first available property on the Available Housing list
- Drawings will be done for properties with multiple groups interested (if your group is the only group interested there will be no drawing).
- Drawings will take place outside, rain or shine, please dress accordingly.
- Each group representative may enter multiple drawings, however, if you win a drawing you will not be allowed to enter another drawing.
- Duplexes will be offered to groups renting both sides first, then to groups wanting one side.
- There is no application fee or parental co-signer required.
Details specific to the lease signing:
- Lease signing will be done electronically. An email with the lease packet will be sent to prospective tenants.
- All prospective tenants must fully execute the document and return it to Hagan Realty within 48 hours of receipt.
- Prospective tenants will also need to email a copy of driver's license/ID as well. Sending a picture of all ID's at once is preferred.
- An amount equal to 1 month's rent or $1500, which ever is greater, must also be paid within 48 hours of receipt.
- Once we receive all required signatures and payment, we will email a completed copy to all parties.
- You will receive an appointment time on the 1st day of leasing; this will be a time slot prospective tenants can use to call and ask any lease specific questions.
While we are taking steps to limit the number of people at our 1st day of leasing, it is still a busy day. We ask that everyone be respectful of the rules laid out and also be patient as we are all doing our best under unique and difficult circumstances. Extra staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Reviewing our procedures as well as the other lease information we have on our website will help reduce some of the stress associated with the leasing process.
As always, we make every attempt to ensure the process is as fair as possible. However, we cannot guarantee you will get the place you want. By having several options you can increase your chances of getting one of your choices. We rent several properties the first day, but there will be many great places to choose from in the days and weeks that follow.
Once our 1st day of leasing is complete, properties will become available on a first come, first serve basis.
Hagan Realty, Inc.
First Day of Leasing for 2021-22
Our goal is to keep prospective tenants and HRI staff safe while also meeting the demand for the 2021-22 school year, therefore we will be making some changes to our procedures for the 1st day of leasing. We will continue to take additional precautions throughout leasing season to ensure everyone's safety. We appreciate your understanding and interest in our properties.
Please read the information below carefully. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
If you have Covid-19 or any members of your group have been exposed within 14 days of the 1st day of leasing please do not have any of those members show up. Alternative arrangements can be made to allow you to participate if you do not have a Group Representative available due to Covid-19.
Masks will be required at the 1st day of leasing at all times and 6' social distancing will be followed.
927 E. Grand River Ave. Suite 11
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Specializing in Property Management & Development since 1969