Move Out Information (17-18 tenants)
Check your lease to determine your move-out date. Please call our office with any questions. (517)351-0765. Thank you for choosing Hagan Realty, Inc.
The information below will be emailed to each tenant prior to move out:
Please inform HRI if you intend to be out before the end of your lease or if you have empty bedrooms.
Please email the forwarding address of the person whom you have elected to receive the security deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must decide on one person as only one check will be sent. Be sure this person is on your lease. Please include your current address in your e-mail. Your itemized list of damages and any refund will be sent within 30 days of the end of your lease.
Please call if you have broken doors, large holes in the walls, etc. & HRI may repair them at pre-turnover rates.
Be advised; HRI may come to your house in the coming weeks to look for possible repairs that can be done prior to the end of your lease. If you intend to fix any damages yourself, you must notify HRI in writing or via e-mail by TBD. All repairs must be completed prior to TBD. HRI will be the final judge in determining if a repair has been done correctly.
This is your notice; whether you are moving or some/all of you have resigned, Mid-Michigan Glass and Ace Appliance will be coming to your home before your lease ends to repair any broken storms, screens, and windows as well as checking all appliances for repair. If you’ve removed a storm/screen, please re-install or place it below the window it belongs in. This must be done immediately, and the storm/screen must remain there until your current lease ends or you may be charged for a new one.
(This paragraph applies only to groups that have 1 or more tenants that have re-signed)
Utilities: Tenants must pay all utility bills (Consumers Energy, Board of Water & Light, City of East Lansing Water & Sewage) and are responsible for having the services transferred to another tenant’s name if they are moving out. If you are staying please continue to pay your bills as you normally would, there is no need to finalize any bills.
(This paragraph applies only to groups that are all moving out - no one has re-signed)
DO NOT PAY YOUR FINAL CITY OF EAST LANSING WATER & SEWAGE BILL.
(You must pay the Board of Water & Light bill). HRI will pay your final water bill and deduct it from your security deposit. Tenants must pay all other utility bills and are responsible for having the services turned off, including your cable/internet services.
Hagan Realty Inc. will be the final judge regarding the cleanliness of your house.
Carpet cleaning will be deducted from your cleaning fee.
You may avoid additional charges if the following items are completed to Hagan Realty Inc. standards.
- Remove ALL items from every room in the house; including cabinets, drawers, basement, attics, etc.
- Wash cupboards & drawers inside and out. Wipe down baseboards and windowsills.
- Oven/stovetop must be cleaned; including removable shelving and behind unit.
- Refrigerator/freezer must be cleaned, defrosted and shut off w/ doors left propped open.
- Floors must be swept, mopped and vacuumed; whatever is necessary.
- Sinks, tubs/showers and toilets must be scrubbed clean with bleach and/or appropriate cleaning solution.
- All litter on property; yard, bushes, window wells, etc. must be picked up & disposed properly. This includes cigarette butts and newspapers.
- Trash that does not fit in your can must be put in yellow City of East Lansing trash bags and left at the curb. You can purchase these at Quality Dairy, City Hall, or from us. They sell them in packages of 5 for $8.75.
- Do not fill the City of East Lansing trash can over the top.
- Large trash items such as furniture, carpets, etc. must have a “special pick-up” sticker on them. Items with Freon (A/C's, refrigerators) require its own sticker too. The stickers may be purchased from The City of East Lansing, Public Works Dept. @ (517)337-9459 and you need to make arrangements with them for pick up. You may contact us to purchase the $18.50 green stickers. You will need exact change to purchase them.
- All screens and storm windows must be in place.
- Each floor, bedroom, & basement requires a working smoke detector. Smoke detectors use 9-volt batteries. $5.00 will be charged for each missing battery & $20.00 for each missing smoke detector (battery powered).
- All entrance keys and bedroom keys must be left on the kitchen counter. If you want to lock the unit leave the last key in the mailbox (notify us if you plan to do so). There is a $10.00 charge for each missing key.
- Leave UNOPENED, NON-PERISHABLE food or drink items on the kitchen counter for donation.
In addition to City of East Lansing curbside recycling there are other ways to get rid of furniture and other items:
Goodwill, Salvation Army, Haven House are some of the well known organizations. Another organization is Simple Recycling (http://simplerecycling.com/) *Bags and stickers can be picked up at HRI - please call first.
Arrangements for any pick-ups/donations must take place prior to move out. HRI will not be able to facilitate any pick ups/donations.